There’s lots to do in this beautiful city of ours! Get out this weekend and have some fun with the family! Here are our top 5 things to do this weekend.
1. Ice Sculpting Competition.
Watch chips flying at a free ice carving Valentine’s Day competition at Old Town Plaza at 25th & W. Colorado.
At 12:00pm to 2:00pm, Julian Drummond (DARS Supply), Mark Painter (PPCC Culinary Arts Instructor) and Pete Aiello (Exec. Chef, Doubletree by Hilton) will compete for a romantic night at the Old Town Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast.
Start the day in Old Colorado City at 10am with 2 “Frozen” themed kid’s parties at Bella Boutique and Mountain Moppets, followed by a free concert of Classic Rock by the Wallbaum Band.
2. Love A Palooza. Broad.WAYProductions presents “Love A Palooza” filled with Valentines Day family fun. Shop, eat, drink and dance to live music, and visit over 300 crafters, vendors, and small businesses. Bring your own tables and chairs. To cut the cost we had to give up a few amenities.
This is a fundraiser for bikers against child abuse. In lieu of gifts to give away we ask you bring a product to be given to bikers against child abuse with your business info enclosed. For more info visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1520141778235045/
3. Colorado Indulgence Festival. Spend the most romantic weekend of the year in pure luxury on Sunday, February 15, 2015. Indulge in more than 20,000 square feet of complimentary samplings from Colorado’s best at the annual Colorado Indulgence Festival. This 21+ event, features samplings and culinary seminars from dozens of food experts, pastry chefs, chocolatiers, mixologists and sommeliers. Taste your way through decadent chocolates, cheeses, fudge, gelatos, sauces, toffees, cupcakes, chocolate martinis, truffles, savory food tastings, and complimentary wine, liquor and microbrews. A wide variety of vendors offer samplings that meet the dietary restrictions of many guests including gluten-free and vegan options. Treat yourself to beautiful jewelry, sensational bath and body gift shopping, relaxing chair massages, and even privately scheduled Tesla test drives. New this year, an indulgent fashion show was added featuring prizes and giveaways, and designer looks from Guess, Michael Kors, and Coach through the festival’s exclusive partnership with the Outlets at Castle Rock and the Outlets at Silverthorne. The Beauty Bar’s style experts will provide the creative direction of hair and makeup for the show. Top off the afternoon at the exclusive sparkle lip and eye bar, presented by color artists from Sephora. A portion of the festival’s ticket sales support multiple local charities including Zonta Club of the Pikes Peak Area, an organization focused on the advancement of the status of women by serving the community through local and international contributions. Funding supports scholarships for young women seeking an education in Public Affairs. GET BOGO TICKETS HERE: http://b20.ec7.mwp.accessdomain.com/?s=indulgence+festival
4. Parent’s Night Out at US Taekwondo Center.
You can have a much needed parent’s night out this Valentine’s Day because US Taekwondo Center is hosting a kid’s Valentine Party at all 5 of their locations this Saturday, Feb. 14th from 5 – 9 pm! (Ages 4-14 only please). Your children will have lots to do in a fun and safe environment.
Some of the evening’s activities will include:
- Opportunity to win an ITZ Family Fun Pack for 4
- Self Defense classes
- Taekwondo games
- Pizza and drinks
- age appropriate movie
Interested in registering your children for USTC’s Parent’s Night Out? Please fill out this form. Get more details HERE: http://b20.ec7.mwp.accessdomain.com/?page_id=10523
5. Kritter Karavan at Fountain Creek Nature Center. Do you LOVE animals? Spend some time on Valentine’s Day with Kathy Beers of Kritter Karavan for a hands-on look at many exotic animals. Kathy is a licensed exotic animal rescue professional and a retired teacher. You may have a close encounter with a tortoise, hedgehog, chinchilla, bearded dragon and more! Reservations required. 719-520-6745