Most of us want to exercise, get healthy and lose or maintain weight. Here are a few tips on getting the most out of your workout and eating habits.
- Women who diet and exercise with a partner lose 10 pounds more than those who go it alone.
- Reward Yourself. Trips to the spa, a new piece of jewelry or a healthy meal at your favorite restaurant are just some ways you can reward yourself for staying on track.
- Join a class or other diet group. Accountability encourages us to stay on track and gives us support when we falter in our efforts.
- Set a goal. I’ve been able to get into shape by setting a goal to run a 5K. It motivates me to get out and run so I can be ready for the upcoming race.
- Keep a record or log of your daily exercise and food. Many experts say that keeping track of your food and exercise can help you stay on track. It can also show your progress in pounds and inches as you work them off.
What are your tips for getting healthy and exercising?