Fruit is in season, and I like to find ways I can optimize this in my kitchen! On warm summer days salad is my go-to for a quick and healthy meal. One of my favorites is this spinach and watermelon salad from cozycountryliving.com – I mean look at it! You’re craving it too now, aren’t you?!
It’s great for kids, because they can just pick out what they don’t like and add more of what they do! Add chicken for a more substantial meal. Enjoy!!
- Fresh Organic Baby Spinach
- Freshly chopped Watermelon
- Feta or Bleu Cheese Crumbles, which ever you prefer
- Roughly chopped Walnuts
- Fresh Blueberries
- pinch of salt
- Grilled Chicken (optional)
- Olive Oil, your favorite Bleu Cheese Dressing or Vinaigrette
- Combine all of your ingredients and serve plain or top with a little olive oil or your favorite dressing.
- * If packing for lunch, keep the dressing on the side.