I LOVE roasted veggies and I LOVE avocados, but who knew pairing them together could be so magnificent?! This salad is perfect for a summer evening BBQ or dinner party, and will wow your family and friends. I love the pairing of crisp, yet tender and sweet veggies with the cool smoothness of avocado dressing! It’s simply divine! Check out the recipe and Youtube video below for all the details!
1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
1 lb butternut squash
1 lb Brussels sprouts, hulled and halved
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp. olive oil
4 oz mixed greens
1 small garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C
2. In a large bowl, mix the butternut squash, bell pepper, Brussels sprouts, dried oregano, salt, pepper, and olive oil until the veggies are evenly coated.
3. Pour the vegetables onto a baking sheet in one even layer and roast for 40 minutes.
4. To make the dressing, place the avocado, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender or food processor and blend until the mixture is light and creamy.
5. To assemble the salad, place a handful of mixed greens on a plate and top with the roasted veggies. Spoon on the Avocado Dressing and serve!