Red, white and blue are the best colors for a July 4th dessert. We have some fun recipes to help you make yummy and good-looking desserts for your BBQ this weekend.
- Flag Cakes are so easy to make. Make your favorite cake in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Ice the cake with white icing to make the perfect background. Use blueberries to make a small rectangle in the upper lefthand corner. Line sliced strawberries in rows. You can use extra berries for another dessert or place them in bowls for guests to eat with the cake.
- Red velvet cupcakes with white icing and blueberry toppings are fun to eat and perfect for kids!
- Apple pie is an American tradition. Click here for our favorite Apple pie recipe. Top it off with vanilla ice cream for the perfect dessert.
- Use tall glasses or dessert dishes and layer fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and blueberries to make a colorful light dessert.
- Use red, white and blue sprinkles to make any dessert pop. You can put them over ice cream, dip ice cream sandwiches in them or top off cupcakes with white icing.
What are your favorite red, white and blue desserts?