Thanks to our friend Janis at Finding Frenchie for sharing this delicious and easy potato soup recipe with us for our “Recipe of the Week”. Make sure to visit Janis’s blog to see what other recipes she has been cooking up.
- 1 lb potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 sm onion, diced
- 1 TB EVOO
- 1 TB unsalted butter
- S&P, to taste
- 1 carton chicken stock
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded (more for serving)
- 2 c milk
- bacon, diced & cooked (optional)
- chives, minced (optional)
- Add EVOO and butter to a large pot.
- Saute carrots, celery, & onion until translucent on medium heat- about 5-7 minutes.
- Add potatoes and S&P.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes (covered) or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add cheddar cheese and milk and allow to warm through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and alongside lots of bread.
|Janis is a professionally trained chef and honors graduate with a Culinary Arts Diploma from the Culinary School of Fort Worth. In June 2011, she completed an externship at Roy’s Restaurant owned by Roy Yamaguchi in Ko Olina, Hawaii. Along with her culinary education, she holds a degree in Business and Human Resources Management and worked for the Department of Defense for over nine years. Janis is also an active partner within the community. She is a member of the National Technical Honors Society, member of the Pikes Peak Chapter of Colorado Chefs Association, and holds the position of Way and Means with the Peterson AFB Spouses Club to support military families. Janis also volunteers as a Chef Instructor with Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado.|