This delicious marshmallow fruit salad has received rave reviews! The custard dressing makes this recipe what it is light, fluffy and fun.
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows, halved
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place marshmallows in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, milk and mustard.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir into marshmallows.
- In a bowl, beat the cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Fold into marshmallow mixture.
- Add fruit; gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in pecans.
This recipe is one of many recipes found at A Taste of Home.