The warmer weather is finally upon us, and if your kids are anything like mine, they LIVE off of Otter Pops in the summer time. We don’t have air conditioning in our older 70’s home, so having popsicles on hand is pretty much a survival tactic around here! Did you know you can now make your OWN “Otter Pop” style popsicles with these handy dandy “Zipzicle” pouches? They’re awesome! They work just like Ziploc bags!
You can buy them in packs of 36 on Amazon.com, and I what I LOVE about them is they are sturdy and easy to use, and you know exactly what you are putting into them! No preservatives, extra sugar or food coloring, and REAL ingredients and FRUIT! I also love that they are “grab and go”, perfect for picnics, sports games and family get togethers.
Here are a couple of great popsicle recipes to get started! You can also find tons more on Pinterest!
- 1½ cups pineapple
- 1 cup mangos
- ½ cup – ¾ cup coconut milk (I use canned)
- 2 cups strawberries
- 3-4 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp honey (optional)
- Place ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. Add additional coconut milk as needed.
- Place ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
When pouring each mixture in the pouches, alternate them for a fun swirl effect!
Chocolate, Peanutbutter, Banana and Yogurt Pops
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Freeze the popsicles until they are frozen solid, about 4 hours.
The sky’s the limit with recipe possibilities! Typically any smoothie recipe that’s easily well-blended works well to make these. You can also just use plain old fruit juice like mom used to when we were kids! Either way, enjoy!!