It’s Girl Scout cookie season, which means one thing a whole bunch of thin mints in my cupboard. One of our My719Mom team members found this recipe and had to share it with our moms. Who knew you could fry a thin mint. Woo hoo!
- 1 1/4 cup Bisquick mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 thin mints
- Pour oil into pot being used for frying, at least one inch deep.
- Heat to medium high heat.
- In a glass bowl, mix egg, milk and bisquick mix with a large wooden spoon or whisk. Let small lumps remain in batter.
- Dip thin mint until covered in batter on both sides.
- Grab very small edge of the thin mint to remove and quickly put into the hot frying oil before the batter drips off.
- Fry for about 15-20 seconds before turning over to other side. Fry other side so both are evenly brown.
- Remove and place on plate lined with paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining thin mints.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
As seen on Kirby’s Cravings.