- Quickset concrete (I got a 50lb bag at Lowes for $5)
- Water (from the tap… free, ish)
- Flower pot trays (from the $1 store, came in packs of 3 or 4, got 3 – $3)
- Oil and Basting brush… I had these, in my kitchen, might be buying a new basting brush now, (FYI they have them at the $1 store too)
- Stones, Marbles, or tiles (can find lots of places! My favorites were the flat marbles from, you guessed it, the $1 store)
- Old rag
Mix your concrete. Add some concrete powder to a old bucket, and add water slowly until you get to the right consistency.
You are going for Malt o meal, or cream of wheat – NOT oatmeal!
Don’t worry about the tops having concrete on them, once they are relatively dry, the concrete will wash off with that old rag you have on hand.
We made some stones for my mom and mother-in-law for mothers day, with the girls hand prints in them, also decorated with stones.
After a little trial and error, we discovered it DOES need to be a little thicker and more set up to preserve a hand print over put in stones. SO do what you can to decorate the stone, then add the hand prints.
Like what you see? Stick around! Follow Shelly Homemaker