Here are the top 5 things to do this weekend with your family! Get out and have some fun!
1. Kids Only WildNight at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo (Oct. 11th) Cheyenne Mountain Zoo offers a whole new night time experience just for Kids! Drop your kids off at the zoo and they will get to have a pizza party, make s’mores, feed the giraffe, visit animals at night, meet some animals up close- and sleep next to some animals in the newly renovated Loft! The zoo will feed them breakfast and even throw in a morning tour to see the zoo as it wakes up. Kids must be 5 years or older to participate. For more info visit: http://www.cmzoo.org/exploreLearn/groupPrograms/wildNights.asp
2. Cool Science Carnival Day at UCSS (Oct. 11th) This nine day science festival is a collaboration of national and local science organizations, working together to facilitate and enhance science literacy in our region through informal learning experiences. It kicks off with the ever popular hands-on Cool Science Carnival Day at UCCS, which includes nearly 100 fun activities, exciting shows and informative open labs. The Colorado Springs Science Festival will allow you to engage the scientific part of your brain, experience how much fun science can be, and interact with your community on a new level! For more info visit: http://events.uccs.edu/event/cool_science_carnival_day_at_uccs#.VDTU7fldUrk
3. Downtown Sunday Market (Oct. 12th) Downtown Colorado Springs hosts the Downtown Sunday Market in Acacia Park. Market goers will be able to take advantage of fresh, locally sourced farm products, enjoy live entertainment, visit numerous shops and restaurants within easy walking distance, and take advantage of free on-street parking throughout downtown.
The market will run through October 26 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
4. Tarantulas and other Creepy Crawlies at Penrose Library (Oct.11th) Meet amazing arachnids, hissing cockroaches, scorpions, and who knows what! Tarantula wrangler Rowen Monks is back with an assortment of wild insects for you to see up close ? or not!
Plus, make a spooky spider craft to take home. For more info visit: http://ppld.org/programs-and-events-kids-penrose-library
5. Women’s Living Expo (Oct. 11-12th) For more info visit: http://www.womenslivingexpo.com/ColoSprings2014/