We all know that brushing our teeth is the best way to get rid of bad breath. However, we don’t always have quick access to our toothbrush. The obvious answer is gum or mouth wash, but just in case you don’t have those handy here are five tips you might be able to use next time halitosis gets the best of you.
- Carrots, Celery, and Apples – Use nature’s toothbrush! These veggies and fruit are crisp and fibrous enough to “brush” your teeth. They also increase saliva production which helps get rid of stinky breath.
- Black Coffee – That’s right, black coffee, with no sweeteners or milk, can actually stop bad breath at the source. Researchers found that something in coffee stops the bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Green or Black Tea – Tea is a go-to for killing bad breath for reasons almost the same as coffee. Scientists found that chemical compounds in black and green tea can prevent the growth of the bacteria that causes bad breath.
- Cucumbers – Rub a slice of cucumber on the roof of your mouth and tongue for about 30 seconds. This will kill the bacteria in your mouth that causes bad breath.
- Drink Water – Dehydration is one of the top reasons we get bad breath. Drinking water throughout the day keeps you hydrated and helps prevent bad breath. It also has plenty of other benefits to your health as well.